Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lent Week 1 Wrap

OK, so no more vacation, what actually happened in the real world?

Meditation
I missed one day. Not bad. Generally I meditate before going to bed. It is a relaxing way to end the day. Journaling and reflection? A big miss. I did not blog daily,  or write out my thoughts in another format at all. Pick it up, yo!

Fasting
All lunches and dinners were based on either rice and beans or rice and vegetables except one. I ate after my Saturday training ride a meal I had frozen that had white pasta. It doesn't count, because I am using up food already made. As for greens, I did it:

1 bunch romaine
1 bunch collards
1 bunch water cress
1 bunch baby bok choy
1 bunch spinach

Extra credit goes to the purple cabbage I had on my salads this week and the half a head of cabbage I had for lunch today, and the beet greens I threw into tonights's chili.

This week's challenge is pictured at the top of this post. Five new bunches of greens.

Romaine
Collards
Kale
Mizuna
Chard
Bok Choy
Chinese mustard greens

That's five out of the original eight, plus two bonus bunches for extra credit. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment