Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 3

Well, the meditation part is stalled. And the journaling. But I rationalize that the blogging counts as reflection and journaling. But I do want to write and reflect in a separate place. The diet is progressing better but slowly. Being on vacation at my folks' place in Lake Tahoe means a little more flexibility is needed. But today I fulfilled the rice and beans and greens manifesto with a variation of Hoppin' John, taken from The Health Promoting Cookbook, by Alan Goldhamer, Carolina Kale, from Alex Jamieson of Super Size Me fame, and rice. Tuesday was southern Louisiana, tonight it's the Carolinas.

Unlike the Hoppin' John dishes I've done before, this one included some cubed yam. It could have used a little liquid smoke, and I added some hot sauce at the table. The kale was altered by adding mushrooms to create a nutrient dense dish that would make Dr. Fuhrman proud.

I'm not up to five bunches of leafy greens this week, but I got my arugula, chard, and kale. Tomorrow will be collards. And meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment